Welcome to the Creation Museum. To ensure a safe and secure environment for our guests, please observe and respect the following:
- In the interest of public safety all persons, bags, packages, clothing, and other items are subject to security screening at the entrance. Also, within the Creation Museum, all vehicles on, entering, or exiting the premises are subject to search or inspection by Public Safety Officers or Peace Officers at their discretion.
- We reserve the right to not allow any bag, package, or any other item to be brought into the Creation Museum, and to deal with any unattended item or object in a manner we consider appropriate.
- Please show courtesy to fellow guests and employees by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive, or offensive behavior. For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running and from climbing railings, fences, and barriers, or climbing on the Portico rock wall. There is no fishing, swimming, or wading in the lake, and no walking on the ice when the lake is frozen over in the winter.
- Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times. Any form of costume, disguise or full face mask may not be worn by guests over the age of 10. Masks worn by persons over the age of 10 may cover the nose and mouth areas only. Clear face shields are permitted. We reserve the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate, or attire that could be considered offensive, disrespectful, or inappropriate to others.
- For the comfort of all guests and employees, smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes, or any other products that produce a vapor or smoke are allowed only in designated smoking areas.
- Children under the age of 14 are to be supervised and accompanied at all times.
- Photography, videotaping, or recording of any kind for commercial purposes is prohibited, including any unlicensed use of photographic images or recordings of the attraction or its exhibits for “editorial” use, or the sale, distribution or downloading of any such images or recordings for “editorial” purposes, unless written permission or a written license is obtained.
The following items may not be brought into the Creation Museum:
- Bags larger than 16 x 12 x 4
- Illegal or illicit substances, drugs, or drug paraphernalia
- Weapons of any kind, or objects that could appear to be weapons
- Knives with blades over 1 ½ inches
- Flammable items or liquids including aerosols and fireworks
- Markers, Sharpies, or spray paint
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cans, canteens, glass containers, glass bottles, or coolers are not permitted inside the museum but may be stored in vehicles. (Unopened, plastic bottles of water are permitted.)
- Picnics and picnic-type foods are allowed in designated outdoor areas only. Food may be brought inside only when required by allergy restrictions. Please inquire with our café regarding special dietary needs.
- Balloons, balls, inflatable balls, Frisbees, or flying disks
- Bicycles, skateboards, hover-boards, scooters, inline skates, and shoes with built-in wheels
- Drones or unmanned aerial vehicles
- No animals except for service animals assisting an individual with a disability. (“Comfort,” “therapy,” or “emotional support” animals do not meet the definition of a service animal and are not permitted.)
- Laser pens, laser pointers, or similar focused light devices
- Water guns, squirt guns, or any toy item that could be perceived as a gun
- Musical instruments (except if you have received a written and signed consent from the Creation Museum)
- Noisemakers or air horns
- Large camera tri-pods
- Additional items that we determine may be harmful or disruptive
All guests and items on their person are subject to being searched prior to entry into the Creation Museum, including members of the media. By requesting entry into the Creation Museum, all guests are agreeing to be subjected to a thorough pat-down search, including emptying pockets and bags, and having those items examined. Individuals not agreeing to the aforementioned security measures will not be permitted into the Creation Museum. Public Safety Officers shall, at all times, reserve the right to either deny any person entry into or to eject any person from the Creation Museum, who in the sole and absolute discretion of the Creation Museum are in violation of rules, which rules may be updated from time to time, with or without notice. Please note, camping and/or overnight parking is not permitted on premises.
- Selling of any goods or services not authorized by the Creation Museum
- Distributing any printed materials or recorded materials of any kind
- Unauthorized demonstrations, religious ceremonies, or speeches
- Engaging in unsafe acts or behaviors
Rights of the Creation Museum
- Vandalism will be prosecuted. The Creation Museum property and facilities are under video surveillance by the Public Safety Department.
- We may photograph, video, film/record any person who enters the Creation Museum for any reason without payment to that person.
- We reserve the right to deny admission, or to require a person already admitted to leave without refund, liability, or compensation if we consider that the circumstances require.
- Creation Museum rules and regulations are subject to change without notice.
- From time to time and without prior notice and without refund, liability, or compensation, the Creation Museum may change the hours of operation or close particular exhibits or attractions if circumstances require.