Due to public health efforts to contain COVID-19, the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum are temporarily closed until April 20 or later.
Here at the Creation Museum, we are continually working on upgrades, and the next renovation is in full swing. This will see the creation and installation of stunning new exhibits that take a look at the state of our contemporary culture. It will feature excellent teaching and interactive experiences to equip and challenge our guests as they begin their tour of the museum!
Here are 20 behind-the-scenes pictures to show you what we’ve been hard at work on over the last few months.
1. In the first photo, artist Joel is detailing a pagan idol from around the time of Abraham for a new exhibit coming to the Creation Museum.
2. Here, one of our artists, Nate, is sculpting a replica of a Canaanite-style lampstand. You’ll find this in the new Biblical Authority exhibit coming soon.
3. Check out lead artist Doug digitally sculpting a Protoceratops for a new state-of-the-art exhibit about starting points.
4. Get a sneak peek of the graphic design for signage that will be part of our new Biblical Authority exhibit.
5. In this photo, Mike (one of our staff content developers) is examining one of our Ice Age human skull replicas for the Starting Points exhibit.
6. Carson, one of our staff fabricators, is building a column for the new Biblical Authority exhibit as part of the ongoing upgrades at the Creation Museum. The cove in the column will hold a faux oil lamp.
7. Sandy, our staff seamstress, works on a loom to create custom fabric patterns that will be used in one of the new exhibits.
8. Check out this scale model of a new exhibit, featuring a reclaimed warehouse design, which will bring the relevance of Genesis to life.
9. In this behind the scenes photo, Ben, one of our production designers, is working on a character concept for our Relevance of Genesis exhibit.
10. One of our digital sculptors, Greg, is working on a relief panel for a new Biblical Authority exhibit as part of the ongoing upgrades.
11. Our exhibit artists have created some oil lamps and ceiling soffit details to add character to the Biblical Authority exhibit.
12. Here is lead production designer Travis getting his hands dirty, making a clay brick that will enhance the theme of our new Biblical Authority exhibit.
13. Artist Jesse is creating a mold for our signature keystone in the Relevance of Genesis exhibit.
14. Check out this comparison of the concept art (above) and the actual construction space (below) for our new Relevance of Genesis exhibit that is currently under construction!
15. This custom molding is being prepared for installation in the new Biblical Authority exhibit. This molding resembles the architecture of Herod’s tomb.
16. In this behind-the-scenes photo, one of our fabricators, Dan, is building a section of a column for the new Biblical Authority exhibit.
17. Joel, one of our talented staff artists, is working on concept art for a new video for the Relevance of Genesis exhibit!
18. Here, artist Jesse is casting custom architectural trim pieces for one of the new exhibits coming to the Creation Museum.
19. In this behind-the-scenes photo of the ongoing upgrades, Brooklyn is painting an Antefix, an architectural element for a new exhibit.
20. Check out our staff seamstress Sandy (right) overseeing one of our volunteers (left) in card weaving for a new costume creation!
We can’t wait to see how all of these elements come together! We’re very excited about these new improvements. They will not only be part of our latest massive upgrade for the museum, but they will also help present the clear teaching of God’s Word to the church and the world even more powerfully than they do now.