The Creation Museum invites you to spend your Memorial Day weekend with us, enjoying God’s Word, learning about His Creation, and taking advantage of a special offer to sit in a NASCAR replica car!
Will you be in the area all weekend? Check out some other things you can do to get outside, enjoy the weather, and be with your family and friends. Plus, veterans and active military members get free admission to several events on the list below.
Thursday, May 26
- NASCAR Fan Weekend is from Thursday, May 26 to Monday, May 30, 2016, in Richmond, Kentucky. There are contests, crafts, race viewings, and more!
Friday, May 27
- Go watch the Maydaze Horse Trials, a 3-day competition with more than 500 horses and their riders from approximately 20 states. It’s located at the famous Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky, which is about one and a half hours south of the Creation Museum.
- Visit the Kentucky Flea Market Memorial Day Spectacular in Louisville, Kentucky from May 27–May 30. Dealers from across the country will be selling clothing, collectibles, and lots more!
Saturday, May 28
- Sit in a NASCAR replica car outside the Creation Museum, and get your picture taken for free from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. (weather permitting), thanks to the Kentucky Raceway Ministries (KRM). KRM is a Christian organization dedicated to serve the racing community as the official fan outreach at the Kentucky Speedway. The event is free, but entry to the museum exhibits requires admission. All tickets purchased for the Creation Museum are valid for two consecutive days. Also be sure to learn about our More Kids Free promotion to see if you qualify.
- Visit the Ronnie Cobb Memorial Car and Motorcycle Show as a part of the Alexandria Fair Court Days. It’s from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. with judging beginning at noon.
- The Backyard Concert Series is starting up in General Butler State Resort Park. This concert begins at 7:00 p.m. You’ll want to bring your own chair.
- Enjoy a food tasting on the banks of the Ohio River in Covington, Kentucky. Stroll through Mainstrasse Village and taste the fare from one-of-a-kind restaurants. Tickets can be purchased in advance.
Monday, May 30
- Vets or active military members get free Creation Museum admission on the Memorial Day holiday (Monday, May 30). Tickets are even valid for two days. In addition to this promotion, find out more about our popular More Kids Free promotion that may help you save even more money.
- Watch a Memorial Day parade at one of many locations in Northern Kentucky.
- Visit the Krohn Conservatory, a few miles north of the Creation Museum in Cincinnati, for food, fire trucks, and educational activities. Free admission for veterans and active military members.
Of course, you are always invited to spend time at the world-class Creation Museum. You can explore the botanical gardens, see unique animals in the petting zoo, take a zip line and canopy tour adventure, ride a camel, see a planetarium show, and get to know more about God, His Creation, and science in the museum!
Looking for more or different things to do? You can check out our list of area attractions for more information.